Friday, October 2, 2009

mum's the word

Now it’s officially that time of year. It’s the time where I take out all my Spring/Summer flowers, and replace them with my Fall/Winter. This year I had Impatient & Vinca overload. Out of all of my Spring plants they went crazy! My hanging baskets on our front porch are still exploding. Even though we are officially in Fall I’m leaving them up, because they look so pretty.
To me, Mum’s are the official flower of the Fall. Fall is probably one of my favorite seasons, so last year I told myself that we had to do lots of Mum’s! Well, after all of the planting, sweating, watering, fertilizing, and de-heading they lasted till the first of December. Luckily we also planted Dusty Millers, Dianthus, and Pansies. I was so mad, so this year I will not be going through that trouble. I’m only doing flowers that go from Fall to Winter. I went ahead and pulled up a few of the Summer blooms, and planted the Dianthus and Pansies.

Hope to get the rest of the yard done over the next few weeks! It’s a lot of work to use the green thumb! Can’t wait to share some of my favorite Fall recipes. Can’t wait to make Beer Chili!... Don’t worry I’ll share! Happy Fall!

(Looks like the Lantana are blooming.)

1 comment:

  1. i have no idea what any of the flowers are. the difference between me and you =)

    ReplyDelete