Sunday, October 4, 2009

pumpkin eater

As promised a fall recipe! This one comes from the kitchen of Martha Carter. She shared this with me about 3 years ago, and has pretty much become a staple fall item at our house. This is my 3rd batch so far since September 1st. Is that sad? Aaron and I think it will make any anti-pumpkin eater do flips. Trust me I hate pumpkin pie, and I think they are just fab. So grab yourself a nice cold glass of milk and enjoy!


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

½ c. butter                                                1 tsp. baking powder
1 ½ c. sugar                                              1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla                                             ½ tsp. salt
1 egg                                                          1 tsp. nutmeg
1 can pumpkin                                           1 tsp. cinnamon
2 ½ c. flour                                               ½ c. chocolate chips


  • Mix together butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg
  • Mix in the pumpkin
  • Then add the last 6 ingredients (+chocolate chips if desired) and mix well with a spoon
  • Chill in refrigerator while oven warms to 350°
  • Drop by teaspoon on a cookie sheet, bake 15 minutes
*Just a tip: baking soda makes your cookies "spread", baking powder makes your cookies "puff". See how this one calls for equal portions of both? So, you can cook these cookies fairly close together on your cookies sheet.

2 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin everything. So I'm super excited to try these! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John read this... went to the store to buy pumpkin and I made them last night. I think he might love me a little more now. Thanks for the recipe, they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete