Friday, October 30, 2009

a day to celebrate


October 28th was a pretty special yet sad day. It was special for 2 specific reasons.
The first reason is that it was National Chocolate Day, and I celebrated by eating a brownie that was as thick as 2 deck of cards and could barely fit in my mouth. To answer the question that you're dying to know, yes it was warm and chunky!
The second reason is that my Grandfather got to meet Jesus! Selfishly I want him here, but then I get jealous because he is having the best time of his life for eternity! I miss him like crazy, and I know that the hard emotions that have will crack when I head down there next weekend. Wanted to let you know so you can be praying for my family during this difficult time, but also so you can celebrate with us knowing he's in heaven! I know he probably celebrated National Chocolate Day up there! PapaA loves him some sweets!
(Pic: My brother Nathan & PapaA)





                                                                                                          

2 comments:

  1. Crazy Love is excellent & convicting. Have you read his follow up book - Forgotten God?

    It is gripping and tougher to chew on than Crazy Love. It is about the Holy Spirit & the introduction alone will grab you from the start.

    Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Margie! I had no idea. Crazy enough October 28th was the day my Daddy met Jesus also. Your family will be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete