Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Uses for Old Things

I like to say that I’m a very organized person. However, to help motivate me I am a subscriber to REAL SIMPLE magazine. Each month they usually highlight “New Uses for Old Things”. I always enjoy reading that for two reasons. First, I kick myself for not thinking of that, and second they always give you, “the ah ha use”. So, I found a link on their site: “50 All-Time Favorite New Uses for Old Things”. 5-0 WHAT! You have to be kidding. Now, I’m going to want to do all sorts of crazy stuff like saving Easter Eggs, keeping old toilet paper rolls, save my old toothbrush, make a necklace out of staples. I mean who knows! But really here are some that I thought were pretty good.


I have seen My Aunt Margaret do this with her boys. It helps them grip their glass, and you can use different colors so they can always find their glass. (ah-ha)


Ok this makes me a little nervous, but I think I might need to try this! Use your straingtening iron for your hair to get in between the buttons of your shirt. (ah-ha)


Aaron actually taught me this trick. When you're painting wrap your brush with a plastic bag put it in the freg, and it will still be in good use the next time you need it. So, instead of having 3 brushes you get to use one! (ah-ha)

Y'all know me, I love a party. Fill a colander with ice, and place a bowl underneath it so your guest only get ice. (ah-ha)

Ok, I leave you with this one. I don't know if I can do this, but I love a perfectly round pancake! Rinse out your old ketchup bottle and fill it up with your pancake batter to have the perfect pancake. (ah-ha)

1 comment:

  1. i did the straight iron thing the other day w/a shirt and it was real nice

    ReplyDelete