Wednesday, December 30, 2009

remembering mack

Mack was our official family dog. We got Mack when we lived in Washington, and I remember going to pick him up and looking at what his grandfather looked like.... and thinking this is going to be one long hairy hot-dog. Sure enough Mack filled into his big paws, and soon they became much smaller than his body! I remember Christi and I taking the yard stick to his body and from nose tail he was a yard long (that's 3 feet people just in case its been awhile). 
There are so many great memories that I'll remember with him being apart of our family. Even the ones that made me mad... such as: always picking my room to pee in, farting in the van, and of course the freak out when I was the babysitter while Patti and Pop went to Africa...none of these were funny Mack, but they just made me smile remembering them. 
I sat and hugged Biscotti for an hour last night, and thought about what my Pop had told me this past week.
"They are your best friend. They always want to be with you, make you happy, and you just want give them the best life you can. That's all you can do. So, instead of being sad thinking about how many years you'll have with them. Enjoy them."
I'm to miss you Mackster!

Well on Halloween 2005 we celebrated Mack being a dachshund and dressed him up as a hotdog. Mack was so upset and embarrassed that he wouldn't even look at me.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Margie! I love reading your blog. Our family dog is a beloved dachshund, too! So sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Mack died! Such a funny little (and by little I mean gigantic) hot dog! He's over the Rainbow Bridge with Maggie now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long live the Mackster! Thank you for the call. Love Pop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marge - I still laugh every time I think about how he would pee in your room and most of the time he would walk in circles while doing it. I am glad you smile now about his freak out when they were in Africa too... I know that deeply affected you for a while! Anyway, I liked your post about him (and about Christmas too!).

    nate

    ReplyDelete
  5. =( we never got to talk about poor little Mack. sad day.

    ReplyDelete