Monday, December 14, 2009

chuck norris can't go 26.2!


So, Rebekah and I did it! Can't believe it, but we did. If you had asked me at mile 22 if I was going to make it I would have said... "no, not sure!" It truly was an amazing experience, and I couldn't have done it without Rebekah! (Reb-Thanks for not panicking when I told you I didn't want to do this anymore at mile 24!) Also, huge thanks to our amazing Cheerleaders/Photographers/Bikers/Runners: Thanks Sarah, Ross, and Aaron! You guys were awesome! We did 26.2 in 4:27...and couldn't do another step!


He's just great...whole Marathon in that hat!

We're getting it! Clearly beginning of the race.

Mile 12

Mile 12


Barefoot Marathon runner...can't be good for your knees!

Mile 19

Mile 25... told Rebekah and Sarah I wanted to quit. They were sweet and didn't let me!

Done!!! 26.2!

Rebekah, Sarah, & I

Needed to eat!

Ross, so glad your helmet was yellow!

Most supportive husband ever!

Only ones dancing where the band was. Great ending! And then we feasted!

3 comments:

  1. GREAT job Margie! I know how good of a feeling that is.

    And I also hit the proverbial "wall" at 24 (not 20, like most people say)... great job pushing through! You will remember that day for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wohoo! :-) that's awesome - I'm totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! SO proud of you!!!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete