Saturday, June 30, 2012

forcast: hot & sunny with showers!

This has been a very crazy two weeks. I had three showers, traveled, some family in town, and real beginnings of transforming our 2nd guest bedroom to Jewel's room. It was truly such a blessing to get to spend time with some out of town friends and family, and some friends and family from Shreveport. If people only knew what a crazy joy it is for Aaron and I to receive such blessings and prayers from people. It really is overwhelming and humbling. Each moment that we feel her move, it makes us laugh with joy; what once was "not possible" suddenly is happening. Man, our God is much bigger than I could have ever imagine. Here are a few snap shots of the sweet blessings that we received from friends and family.
 My sister and I in Memphis (28 Weeks)
 The girls in Memphis
 With the hostesses for the Tea Shower! (Zwie, Hannah, Whitney, & Karin)
 With Pam & Patti
 With Annelise at 29 weeks
 Shreveport Shower, so sweet. 
With the hostesses! (Kristi, Courtney, Gloria, Britney, Kelly, & Rebekah)

There were so many great pictures I wanted to share, but didn't want to overload you guys with pics!

I wanted to try to think of something clever for hostess gifts. Feel free to steal! 
Top left, I picked fresh blueberries, and filled a glass pitcher with lemons and blueberries with a recipe for some yummy blueberry lemonade. Top right, I found this fun juicer at Anthropologie, and the shower was a fiesta(ish) theme. I wanted to play off of that, so I filled it with limes, jalapeno, and avocados and a recipe for guacamole. The bottom was for a shower that was in Memphis from friends that traveled from all over. I thought these were super fun, and had them made in colors that coordinate with their decor. Pen & Paint did a great job on those!

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing that these were gifts hostess gifts! Such a great idea. Hope all your friends loved them.

    ReplyDelete