Monday, June 4, 2012

a different kind of fritter

I realized I haven't shared any new recipes lately; I came across this one and it is delicious! I was very intrigued, because I don't believe that I have ever had a fritter of any sort ever. Aaron seemed very interested in me making these Shrimp Fritters, so I said, "why not". These are GF, so I'm sure if that isn't important to you, you can modify with all-purpose flour or wheat flour. Enjoy!
Shrimp Fritter (Elana Amsterdam)

1 lb. Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
1/2 c Blanched Almond Flour
1/4 c Thinly sliced Scallions (white & green parts)
1 TBS Finely chopped fresh Cilantro
1 TBS Finely chopped fresh Mint leaves
1 TBS peeled & minced Ginger
1/4 tsp ground Paprika
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 TBS Fish Sauce
1 TBS Toasted Sesame Oil
1 TBS Agave Nectar
2 Large Eggs
2 TBS Grapeseed Oil

Rinse the shrimp, pat dry, cut into 1/4-in pieces.
Place Shrimp pieces in food processor & pulse until well chopped. In a large bowl combine Shrimp and remaining ingredients (minus Grapeseed Oil). Refrigerate the mixture for 30 min., then form into 2-in patties.
Heat Grapeseed Oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Cook the patties for 4-6 min. per side, until golden brown. 
Transfer patties to a paper towel-lined plate. I served mine with a spring mix garnish, which made it even better. It gave it more of a crisp summer taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment