Thursday, February 25, 2010

gold medals in nola

We are just a few days away from the Mardi Gras 1/2 & Marathon in NOLA. I’m getting very excited! Ready to visit with friends, shop, eat, and run!! This was my first big race last year and the furthest I had ever run…13.1. Apparently that was my jump start! So, Kristi, Angie, & Rebekah and I are off to do it all over again! Hope to make good time again; at least I’m out of the 18-24 year old bracket! This will be my first Rock & Roll race, so I feel like that with New Orleans we are sure to have a good time! One of the other cool things is that the 2008 Gold Medal Olympian Sammy Wanjiru will be running too! Just to paint a picture he finished the Chicago Marathon ('09) in 2:05...really? His fastest half is 58:33. I can't deal with that; the only medal I'm getting is the finisher's medal. I'll have to let you guys know what he finishes in. Wish us lots of prayer, love, & endurance!
Sammy...I'm pretty sure I'm 2 of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment