Thursday, January 28, 2010

your were made for this

I'm learning to trust and be completely dependent upon the Lord. Typing that is so much easier then really rolling with it sometimes.
Some of you know that the week I went to NYC was a bit of a crazy one, and it is still rolling! That week Aaron was rushed to the Hospital, I quit my job, and then off I went to NYC. That is a pretty eventful week! Following that, there has been a time of excitement and learning.
After lots of prayer and discussions, I have decided to go on staff with Young Life. This has been a thought since last March, but is now going to be reality. It's funny how you can tell God over and over, "No no not me! That is for someone else", and he just sits there patiently tapping me on the shoulder saying, "Ok, really, I wasn't kidding. You're going to do this". That is pretty much where I was at, and now the plan is in action!
I will be what they call Mission Staff. I will basically be doing administrative work, training leaders, recruiting leaders, and working on events (banquet & golf). There is more to it than that, but that is the skeleton version of it.
Please be praying for me as I start this new journey on February 15th, and if you are interested in being a part my ministry here in Shreveport let me know! I would love for you to walk with me in this journey too!



2 comments:

  1. so excited for you! I will be praying for God's continued guidance and provision through this new step :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the team Margie! I'm so excited about the decision you've made, and I hope that Aaron is alright (why did he have to go to the hospital?)

    ReplyDelete