Friday, August 21, 2009

weather

As I was walking Biscotti I was thinking about how I could breathe because the humidity was only 60%, and that put me in a good mood. Come September I will walk outside smell the air, and smell a grill and leaves this = football and fall, which = good mood. It’s funny how no matter if we are “big talkers” or people that like to “keep to ourselves” we can always talk to a stranger about the weather. My bagger at Kroger did that to me the other day.

“How about that weather? It sure is too hot out there for me!”

She doesn’t know me, but knows that the weather is a comfortable topic. Or how about when you’re in a big group, and then it suddenly gets quite, and someone brings up the weather. It’s like all of a sudden everyone goes (in their head),

“Whew! No more awkward silence. Glad someone brought that up.”

I’m not going to talk about the weather today. Perhaps, I’ll just actually talk to people about them and what is going on in their lives. Try it. Let me know how it goes for you too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi long-lost friend! :-) I like this post because it's just so so true!!! I'm going to try the same thing today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marge!! I love your blog...so cute! Great post too :)

    ReplyDelete