Monday, August 3, 2009

food network should have called me back

I love to cook. It is probably one of my favorite things to do and read about. I like to look at recipes and deconstruct it in my head, and try to think of a tastier and healthier way of making it. Sometimes I go by the book and other times I just make it up as I go. The thing is I’m typically only cooking for Aaron and I, and Aaron just flat out loves food. He loves everything, but doesn’t like when I put a lot of carrots on his salad! You know how they say, “you’re your toughest critic”, well that is what I am. I know when stuff does not taste good, and I know when it needs something to it. You know how when you’ve eaten something really good you just keep thinking about it? That is currently what is happening. I’m a little proud. This dish I made up and later I'll post the one I reinvented. I figured I had to share them, because that would just be plain selfish if I didn’t! So get your taste buds ready and put your napkin in your lap, because you are going to want to try this!

Shrimp Pasta

  • Whole Wheat Pasta
  • 2TBS EVOO
  • 11/2 lbs. Shrimp
  • 1c Chopped Broccoli
  • ½c Chopped Onion
  • Dash of Salt & Pepper
  • 1 Garlic Clove Minced
  • ½ tsp of Red Pepper
  • ½ tsp of Basil
  • 1TBS of Italian Seasonings
  • 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
  • ½ Jar of Tomato Sauce
  • Cook pasta, and then set aside to keep warm.
  • Heat 1TBS of EVOO in large skillet, sprinkle salt on shrimp, and then add them to the skillet. When they are done set them aside in a separate bowl.
  • Then heat 1TBS of EVOO, and add Broccoli, Onion, Garlic, and remaining seasonings. Sauté till Onions are translucent.
  • Add Tomatoes & Sauce to the pan, and let them come to a boil. Cook until the sauce becomes thick (5 Minutes), and then add the Shrimp. Cook for at least 1 more additional minute.
  • Serve over Wheat Pasta!


2 comments: