Tuesday, June 28, 2011

lobsta daily

We had a wonderful last week. My brother got married and then Aaron and I had a quick trip to Maine. Unfortunately, I didn't get my camera out once at the wedding. Not sure what I was thinking. I will say that Aaron and I did love the photo booth that they had. That was the only photo that I brought home! I can't wait to see their pictures.
Maine was absolutely amazing. It has been a dream to go there in the summer, and we did it! We stayed in Freeport, ME just 30 minutes outside of Portland. We drove to different towns on the coast, and every single one of them was beautiful! A little preview...
 View from our backyard in Freeport, ME.
 Nubble Lighthouse
 About to see some whales off of Baybooth Harbor!
 Minke Whales- we saw several of them within 30 minutes.
 Then we got to the Fin Whales. They came right next to our boat. They are the 2nd largest whales, 60-70ft long!
 Windjammers were everywhere.
 Best popcorn ever...seriously.
 Aaron's Lobster Roll. He was super excited about. This was our night at 5 Islands Lobster.
 So I ate the same meal a lot...it was awesome.
 We found this awesome beach, thanks to this sweet old lady that liked our bikes. In Winslow Park.
 The rocks were perfectly smooth to layout on.
 Our cute cottage. Looks can be deceiving, we could have had 4 other people stay with us.
 Aaron's Idea
 Hiking in Bradbury State Park
 McDonald's... Seriously nice.
 Portland Head Light Lighthouse in Cape Elizabeth.
Such an awesome trip! Maybe one day we'll get to go back. See you soon Maine!

No comments:

Post a Comment