Wednesday, June 8, 2011

how many ways can you cook a zucchini?

As many of you know. I have become Gluten Free. Not by choice...trust me. I can very easily sit and mourn over the things I love that I will no longer be able to eat, or I can rejoice in how well I feel. I think I’ll go with the second one! I have had to use some creativity in the kitchen; while at the same time try not to deprive Aaron from things.
Now that we have this huge garden, I have a major surplus of veggies exceeding what two people can eat. I have had to get creative in making squash and zucchini more than 5 ways! Last night I came across this recipe for Zucchini Patties. At first I thought, “terrible name and sounds gross “, but good thing I pushed those thoughts aside. They were delicious! Try them out and let me know what you think. ( I paired mine with grilled chicken and salad.)
Zucchini Patties
Ingredients
• 2 cups grated zucchini
• 2 eggs, beaten (You could use 1 egg & 1 egg white)
• 1/4 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (GF- I used a crumbled up slice of brown rice bread.)
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• salt & pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
(Adding fresh basil & sundried tomatoes...would be delish to this too.)
Directions
1. In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
2. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! I'm about to head to the produce market and now I will get me some zucchini:) glad the gluten free diet is working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, I made some of those last year, but this recipe looks a lot yummier than the one I used. :)

    ReplyDelete