Friday, June 10, 2011

sometimes its easier to buy than make

I saw something like this at Anthropologie.
So, I thought, ‘please, I can make those garden markers’, remember this thought. After I drove around to different antique and thrift stores I finally found some spoons. Who knew it would be such a challenge. The good thing was they were old Army spoons that were used in the military. (Free added character.) Well, that was only the beginning.
I hammered the mess out of these guys for two days; someone should have mentioned in a tutorial that you need silver spoons! Then I purchased 2 different metal stamps and had no luck, because the spoons weren’t real silver. (ugh) So, then I got clever with what I had. I stamped each halfway flatten spoon with the plant/veggie/herb’s name on it, and then sealed them.
I think they came out ok, and Aaron loved them. That was all that really mattered. They weren’t spot on fruit or flowers marking 4 years, but it was for your fruit and flowers. Kind of a stretch, but it worked!
Here is to the many years ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment