Monday, July 11, 2011

it's a g thing

Well I have had to get creative at times in the G-Free department lately, But I have really enjoyed being creative and cooking new things. This weekend I made some delicious homemade herb crackers. Um… they were pretty awesome! Now that my new kitchen is stocked I’m ready to roll.
I’m really looking forward to starting to make my own bread this weekend. That might be sad that I’m looking forward to that, but I really am. Here is a great recipe I got for using Polenta, and I paired it with a homemade pesto Salmon that was quite tasty. Enjoy!
Grilled Polenta with Tomatoes and White Beans


Ingredients:


1 (17-ounce) tube of basil and garlic flavored polenta, cut into 9 slices
Cooking spray
2 tsp Olive Oil
2 cups halved Grape Tomatoes
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 (15-ounce) can Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
1 TBS White Wine Vinegar
1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh Rosemary
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Rosemary sprigs (optional)


Directions:


1. Heat a grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan and polenta slices with cooking spray. Place polenta slices on grill pan or skillet; cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan; keep warm.


2. While polenta cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and garlic to skillet; sauté 4 minutes or until tomatoes soften and garlic is tender. Reduce heat to low. Stir in beans and next 3 ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.


3. Place 3 polenta slices on each of 3 plates. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over polenta, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired

No comments:

Post a Comment