Sunday, April 11, 2010

bigger than the universe


I've been doing a lot of examining of my heart. Some things have been interesting, some of have not been fun to realize, at times given me a refreshed heart, and even building knowledge (I know a surprise).
In the Old Testament, it mentions 32 different times, referring to God as the, 'God who took you out of Egypt'. And only 6 times is God mentioned as the, 'God the Creator'. I mean He created... this place that we call Earth, in this thing called the Milky Way Solar System, in this thing called a Universe, & even beyond or outside of that we're not sure what else there is.
Doesn't that seem like a lot?I mean if that is so huge why is He only referred to as 'God the Creator' 6 times in the Old Test?
I started thinking; creating was just the beginning, but the freedom that He willingly and selflessly gave is even harder for me to wrap my head around. Maybe that is why He is the 'God who took us out of Egypt'. That freedom and direction is something we understand, see, wrap our minds around. It's funny how he gives such clear direction, yet now in our selfishness we flee from Him without direction.
My prayer these past few days has been that others would see the freedom that I've been given selflessly from my Savior; that I wouldn't live in 'exile'; I wouldn't allow myself to get trapped. Throughout the Old Test. we see people being sent into exile. Yet, here in the United States, exile isn't just about a location, "exile is about the state of your soul" (Thanks, Rob Bell). The life of freedom is a powerful and unexplainable thing. It's the best gift I've ever received.

2 comments:

  1. Love this girl! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Marg. It makes me think of Beth Moore's book "Breaking Free." It's amazing the freedom we can maintain through Christ, yet we don't even recognize this precious and God-given gift everyday.

    ReplyDelete