Thursday, July 29, 2010

the year you declare to be different

I have decided, officially, that is the year that I have been called to be different. I was reading Isaiah 61 last night, and even though I know that I have been “called to be different”, I have been very timid to really roll with that mindset. Just this morning I decided that I won’t run a full Marathon this year, I will only do half’s. To some of you that seems like not a big deal or why would I want to do another one anyway?! My worth is not found in the things that I “do” and choosing not to do something doesn’t = failure, but rather what I do with the things I believe in really matter. For example, for those that are thinking that is too wordy or doesn’t make sense, my ministry matters, my family matters, fellowship matters, my physical & spiritual body matters. A small step for me to remind myself what I truly get life from. I had told someone the other day, I don’t really need “things” I just need Jesus. Well, here we go, let’s go for it. What will He call you to do this year? I bet it wasn’t in your “plan”, but I bet it puts your “plan” to shame.

"...the Lord has anointed me to preach the good news...to proclaim freedom for the captives...to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."- Isaiah 61:1-2
"I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness."- Isaiah 61:10

2 comments:

  1. I love this Margie! I'll be praying for you and am excited to see where the Lord takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marg,
    Thanks for the scripture and encouragement. I am praying for you always, and I too have had a weekend of my calling to "be different". Thank you so much for those words! Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete