Thursday, July 15, 2010

i run with my hands in air & i make salsa

Since I have been home, running has not been very easy! Let's just say this morning I started at 6:30am, 85 degrees, 90% humidity, needless to say... a struggle to breathe. Before my run this morning I was really reflecting on some powerful scripture that was given to me over our trip, shout out Niki, Isaiah 62:1-5. One of my favorite parts is when the Lord gives Zion/her (me) a new name. That name being Hephzibah. Hephzibah means "my delight is in her". So, as I'm running to my iPod on shuffle it plays, "None but Jesus" by Hillsong. Fresh in my mind is my new name given to me combined with these lyrics "all my delight is in you Lord". As I'm running I'm so captured by the Holy Spirit that I run with hands raised and singing out loud. I'm sure the builders that I ran by thought I was crazy, but clearly I didn't really care! Oh the feeling of freedom. Its a pretty powerful thing.

My other escape is cooking/creating of course. So, why not do a post on both? Chips & Salsa anyone? Here is my Roasted Tomato Salsa (¡pásatelo)
8 Tomatoes, halved & seeded
3 Garlic Cloves, peeled
1 Sm White Onion, quatered
1 Jalapeno Pepper, halved seeded
1/4 c. Corn
1/2 c. Chopped Cilantro
1/4 c. Corn
3 TBS. Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Sugar
Preheat 500*. First 5 ingredients on baking sheet lined with foil & cooking spray. Bake for 20 min. or until charred; stir occasionally. Remove from oven & cool. Place veggies in food processor, pulse until chunky. Place in bowl and stir in remaining 6 ingredients. Cover & chill. 

1 comment: