Wednesday, July 14, 2010

not the same

I almost laugh as I type out that title, but really all it is… is truth. As you guys know last week I was trekking through the wilderness with 9 other girls (including our 2 guides). We spent 6 wonderful days in Rocky Mountain National Park; with really only 1 bad day of weather, millions of stars over us at night, covering 20-25 miles, no shower or deodorant, some patches of snow, about 5 moose, dozens of elk, 3 rams, several marmots, a 40-50lb. pack strapped to our backs, and oh yeah silence!
It was truly an amazing experience. I had an amazing time with these girls and our guides. It’s funny, and a whole other story, how God put our group together. He couldn’t have planned it any better. Each of us walked away with a deeper connection with one another, and I’m pretty sure each of saw the Father in a whole new way.
Its funny how for years I have thought I have known what freedom in Christ really looked like, but really for the first time I know what that is. Better yet, I don’t just know what it is, I’m experiencing it. God did some amazing and powerful things in me that I didn’t even know needed to be done. Here I am thinking, “OK God, equip me, use me to be the leader that these girls need.”, and then I think he laughed, and made it clear to me that He had other plans for me. (sigh) I have been transformed, broken, free from lies I thought were truth, walking in freedom, and (oddly enough) I don’t have to tell myself to breathe anymore. So here I sit writing this plain and simple… not the same.
"They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy & strong. They are free from burdens..."-Psalm 73:4-5 
"Leave your simple ways & you will live; walk in the way of understanding."-Proverbs 9:6 
"The Lord your God is with you, he is might to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."- Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment