Monday, June 21, 2010

triple digits handed me a smoothie

It’s officially the first day of Summer, and I have triple digits in the weather to show for it. I’m constantly hot and wondering if I need to start running at 5:00am. Aaron and I are trying to plan a vacation for just the two of us, and we have no idea where we should go. We know of places we would like to go, but those might not be the most realistic right now, ie: New Zealand. Here are our options… Maine for the Lobster Festival (which we have both wanted to do for years), Jackson Hole, or a beach trip that doesn’t include the gulf coast. Thoughts? Input, please.
I will leave you with an easy Berry Smoothie that I made up the other day.
Berry Smoothie
4 Large Strawberries
3/4 c. Blueberries
1 Banana
4 TBS. Plain Nonfat Yogurt
1 1/2 c. Ice
1/2 c. OJ
1 tsp. Honey
Blend in the blender. You may want to add more ice or OJ depending on the texture you like. I toast to you and triple digits in the temperature!

6 comments:

  1. two word: San Diego. duh! i'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever been to the Outer Banks? It is a great beach that isn't commercialized like the Gulf Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm liking both of these options!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna vote for Maine! That sounded the best to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marg-- I never told you happy anniversary when I talked to you last week. Hope you guys enjoyed your leather! :)
    I have been in Jackson Hole and can tell you its beautiful! I've never been to Maine, but always wanted to go. Let me know if that's where you end up. I want to hear about it.
    Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi marge. i was just catching up on your blog, haven't stopped by in a while. i think you should go to maine, but make sure you drive so you can stop and stay with us on the way to and from. hoo ray

    ReplyDelete