Sunday, June 20, 2010

it's all greek to me

As you guys know I like to experiment in the kitchen. I came across 2 burger recipes that I have been wanting to try. One was a blueberry burger and the other was a Greek style burger, so I figured that Aaron would be way more interested in the Greek burger! (Probably a good assumption!) I have to be honest... they were very good. I wanted to share the recipe with you so you can give them a try too. 
Greek-Style Turkey Burgers
1 Egg White
1/4 c. Bread Crumbs
1 TBS. Milk
2 tsp. dried Greek Seasoning
1/4 tsp. salt
1 lb. Ground Turkey
Top with Greek Salsa & Feta Cheese
-In a bowl mix egg, bread crumbs, milk, Greek seasoning, & salt. Add ground turkey, mix well, and form into patties.
-Grill on a well greased surface.
-Serve on Pita round or wheat buns, top with Greek Salsa & Feta
Greek Salsa
-In a bowl mix 2 TBS. white wine vinegar, 2 tsp. olive oil, & 1 tsp. of Greek Seasoning. Stir in 1 c. finely chopped tomato, 1/4 c. finely chopped cucumber, 1/4 c. finely chopped olives. 

2 comments:

  1. Your blog always cracks me up...I love this recipe! Mine is a Rachel Rae one that is pretty much the same thing but has some spinach in the burger mix (I think-it's been a while) We are such kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is too funny! this why we are family! meant to be.

    ReplyDelete