Wednesday, March 24, 2010

3 half's, 1 full, 4 pairs of shoes, over 700 miles

This is a little delayed, but that’s ok!
In a reflection of the year I have realized that I have purchased 4 different pairs of running shoes, and have ran in 3 half marathons, 1 full marathon, and since August I have ran over 700 miles. Doesn’t that just sound crazy? Running is freedom for me. Free from distractions, alone time, prayer time, singing out loud and not being embarrassed…sometimes I have drum solos, listen to music that you don’t listen to when you’re driving, seeing awesome sunrises & sunsets, great conversations…when you run with friends, looking at pretty houses, and of course a few large bowls of cereal afterwards! Here is some race wraps from the year!
NOLA Half- 1:57 (Kristi (left) pushed me the whole way...while wearing glasses!)
YMCA Half- Time unknown...Rebekah and I got stuck in a line to go to the bathroom and missed the start!
Dallas Full- 4:27(Rebekah and I look like we feel no pain...don't be fooled, RP had to push me the whole way!)
NOLA- 1:53 (This was best I have ever felt; should have pushed it harder...oh well. We all did amazing!)
Some of my favorite people to run with! One of our favorite parts is eating afterwards. I deserved a Diet Coke! (Angie, Kristi, Rebekah, Me)

1 comment:

  1. Great pics, Margie! I am so proud of you and the girls. The Lord's face shines down upon you all! Love you!

    ReplyDelete