Thursday, November 12, 2009

pogs on blog


Why were those things so cool?! My sweet friend Jillian and I were discussing this phenomenon yesterday. They took over any and all free time in 3rd grade. I had a Pog holder, and 8 ball Slammer, and a variety of these cheap colorful round pieces of cardboard that we know as: POGS.
Eventually they were banned from schools for probably 3 very realistic reasons:
1- We should have been reading rather than playing.
2- It was kind of like gambling, and kids were probably not paying up when they had to give up their Pogs. (It’s part of the game.)
3- I’m sure a Pog flew out of the stack hit a kid in the eye.
All good reasons to ban the use of Pogs. So, now that I have written about Pogs on this Blog, and hopefully some of you are reminiscing back when, let me know what your favorite Pog or Slammer was.

1 comment:

  1. haha I loved how they had "Christian blogs" - us Christians are so nerdy . . .

    ReplyDelete