Monday, November 23, 2009

22 miles & a head turing turnover

This was the hardest run yet. I think Rebekah and I hit the “WALL”. People speak of this “wall”, and pray that they don’t experience it. Well, we sure did. I’m hoping that we experienced it now, and it won’t come race day. It’s over and now , and we are 3 weeks away from race day. I told Rebekah that I think I can write a whole essay about how this training has been parallel with my walk with Jesus. I have felt tired, weak, broken (literally & not!), questioning, anxious, doubtful, encouraged, joy, peace, prayerful, serene, amazed, and dependent on Him and not myself…just to name a few. I really have felt all of those things. I have hit bumps in this training physically and emotionally, but can feel myself growing in the midst of it. Isn’t it funny how we can feel all of that the above in our relationship with God. He is constantly molding me, and making me more and more dependent on Him. This training is probably the best thing for me, because.. I.. have.. no.. control. Isn’t funny how we want that? I’m asking myself a lot lately, “why would I want that”? That is stressful! There is so much more I could share about that, but really this is all I can let go at the moment.



Also, wanted to give a shout out to my Aunt Margaret who taught me this great super easy recipe! It’s great when you need to whip up something a little special for some overnight guest. (Plus it looks & taste like it was labor intensive!) It’s pretty great for the Fall!


Apple Turn-Overs
-1 Can of Pillsbury Croissant Rolls
-2 Granny Smith Apples
-Cinnamon & Sugar
-2 TBS. Butter
Preheat oven to 375*. Unfold Croissant Rolls and set aside. Dice 2 apples, place in bowl and coat with Cinnamon & Sugar, add 1TBS of melted Butter. Take Croissant dough spread inside with a little Butter sprinkle a little Cinnamon & Sugar. At the base of the dough triangle place 1 spoonful of Cinn. Apples, then roll the dough to meet the other end, like a basket with Apples in it. Now, this won’t form a shape of a Croissant, because you are stuffing it. I hope the picture helps. Enjoy! (Makes 8)

2 comments:

  1. that recipe sounds delicious -- and I love what you're learning by training - plus I'm totally impressed you can run so far!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you hit a wall bc you are running 9 minute miles =)

    ReplyDelete