Friday, July 20, 2012

making headway

We are making some headway. I'm looking forward to everything being done, but that might not be till next month. As much as I like being a planner I'm realizing that everything I think "needs" to be done, are really just things that I "want" done! I'm sure no female can relate to that. Here are a couple of fun finished things that are up in the room.
This is hanging above her changing table. I just had a vision of really wanting something over it that was multipurposeful (is that a word?). Right now the baskets have disposable diapers & wipes till we switch over to cloth ones. I love the sweet letters that Madeline bought us, it's exactly what I wanted!
These 2 guys are hanging over the crib. Both were made with lots of love from the fabric that we picked out for her bedding. The banner was made by Martha for one of my showers, and the mobile was made by Patti. I have no idea how both of them got in my head, and created 2 things that I just love, but I guess they just knew! I know Jewel will love it too.
In the doctors office I found this recipe for a Mango smoothie, and thought, "I'm going to need to have this". However, I made it, and it totally grossed me out. For some reason I couldn't taste the Mango, but Aaron told me it was amazing. So, I'm blaming my taste buds , or lack of, on pregnancy and a sinus infection. So take his word for it, he drank 2!

Mango Smoothie

1c cubbed, peeled Mango chunks
3/4 c sliced Banana
2/3c  Skim Milk
1 tsp. Honey
1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Handful of Ice

Blend ingredients & Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love those letters--so cute! Looks great so far! And if it makes you feel better, our nursery is JUST now complete with 10 days left. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the room updates. Can you decorate my room please?

    ReplyDelete