Wednesday, July 11, 2012

make my day

These 3 things just made my day. This little girl in the left loves me, I mean seriously she loves me. I tell Aaron that often, and he usually replies that she loves him too. (But guess who feeds and walks her? That's right, automatic win in dog love language.) This just may have been the best turkey burger I've ever made. And for those of you that aren't Ole Miss fans, courtesy of my dear friend Martha, that Colonel Reb onesie will be on her this fall! Isn't she talented?!

Black Bean Turkey Burger

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup black beans, rinsed and slightly crushed
  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs (panko) or GF bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
  • Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese (3 wedges)

Directions:

  1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
  2. Mix black beans, ground turkey, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg, and onion soup mix with your hands in a large bowl. Divide into 6 portions and shape into balls stuff center with cheese (use how much you would like). Then lay out as patties. 
  3. Cook on preheated grill until no longer pink in the middle, 5 to 6 minutes per side. 
  4. I dressed mine with Spring Mix, fresh Tomato, & Avocado.

1 comment:

  1. Hotty Toddy! :-) That dog looks too sweet. So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete