Wednesday, March 21, 2012

there is good reason this is called: crack pie


A couple of years ago I went to NYC for the first time. One of my favorite places we ate at was Momfuku- Ssäm Bar. It was seriously amazing; we got the rotisserie duck ssäm. I for sure recommend it especially if you have a group, but you must call ahead. Afterwards, we walked over to the Momfuku-Milk Bar, which this was pre-GF days, I had the best cookie (the Compost Cookie) I’ve ever had in my life. They sold this pie called, the Crack Pie. Apparently this pie was/is very popular, if we only had known we probably would have tried it. Well yesterday I was reminiscing on the desserts and the store, and decided I needed to make the Crack Pie. Even though I wasn’t able to indulge, I at least wanted to make it for others and see what all the hype was truly about. I have no pie left. I made 2. Yesterday. So, here you go the real Crack Pie recipe and the easier modified one (I didn't have Milk Powder). I had the ingredients for the modified one, so I went with that. Apparently both are just as delectable, there is good reason this pie has the name it has. Grab a Spoon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment