Monday, March 28, 2011

yum hummus

A couple of weeks ago I had a serious craving for hummus. (Clearly I’m trying to cut back on my peanut butter intake!) I came across this great recipe for Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and it was delicious! It lasted maybe 3 days at our house. Give it try. Seriously, hummus is easy to make, promise you can do it!
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Ingredients:
16 ounces chickpeas
6 ounces roasted red bell peppers
1 jalapeno, seeded, diced
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoons chopped onion
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Toasted pita bread, for serving
Directions:
Mix all ingredients, except olive oil and pita bread, in food processor until pureed, then slowly add in olive oil.
Let set up for 1 hour prior to serving. Serve with toasted pita bread.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is tasty!! I had my kindergarteners make some recently--and it actually tasted really great!

    ReplyDelete