Sunday, March 27, 2011

a look in a book

Well, it's official I'm a terrible blogger. I have recipes to share, great trips to Marietta to celebrate/shower my friend Katie getting married, a retreat to NOLA, and finally finishing a good book. The pollen has painted it's yellow self all over Shreveport... including my sinuses, and I can't get enough of all of the azaleas in bloom!

My dear friend and mentor suggested to me to read this book, "Same Kind of Different as Me". In the beginning of my vision/desire for Urban YL in Shreveport, she told me, 'remember that anyone, no matter how they look or where they are from, you (I) can make a difference in peoples lives. All we have to do is look around, and the Holy Spirit will point us to them. Don't ignore who He puts in front of you', and then she handed me this book. She thought I would enjoy it, and of course I did! What makes it even more appealing, it is a true story based on a town less than an hour from Shreveport and in Houston, TX. If you're looking for a good read that you'll probably fly through, a story of God's grace, a testimony of spiritual awakening, and a reading of lives transformed... you'll enjoy this book. Maybe this is just time for those of you that still have a Spring Break! Happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. Margie - this is JPate. So, I've been following your cute blog for a while now and I ABSOLUTELY love this book. Definitely one of my all time favorites! Did you know they do speaking events? And some are close - like Dallas, Houston area. Also, there is a 2nd book - "What Difference Do it Make?" I haven't had the chance to read it yet, but if you get the chance or have already read it, I would love to hear what you think! Okay, now to end this random, long post. Hope all is well!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to read the sequel! It's great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. man! i guess i need to get on the 2nd book! how exciting!

    ReplyDelete