Monday, January 24, 2011

i will go

At church we’re studying the Book of John. In a nutshell, I have really enjoyed it. I feel like every time I leave, I leave challenged and excited. There was a verse that Tracy (our pastor) shared very briefly, but I am still in amazement of it. The Lord has been showing and literally knocking me off my feet about this. (Or maybe on my feet… you’ll see what I mean.)
“How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!’” – Romans 10:14&15
When I go back and read this, I find myself like a deer in headlights. If… if I don’t say, “Lord send me! I’ll go.”, then I would just sit here comfortably and never dare to push myself outside of my comfort zone. Never go out of what people consider to be normal. Honestly, I don’t think there is anything normal, comfortable, or fuzzy about sharing the Gospel. People have scars, they have things hidden or masked, they have a story, they don’t want to be a mission… they want to be known.
So, as I look down at my feet… (sigh…they are in desperate need of some sort of pedi), I see a scar, blisters, chipped nail polish, bunions, and I’m flat footed. (Don’t you want to be the one helping me at the shoe store!?) However, I can run on them, I can stand firm on them, I can climb over mountains on them, they are tough, and they take me where I need to be. Notice, how I said, “where I need to be”, because see, I have finally stood before the Father and have said, “Lord send me! I’ll go.”  To our eye my feet may look rough, but they have been transformed. They have been healed. I have been given the right shoes to wear on them. Not to cover the story they tell up, but to equip them for their journey, so I may go to share the good news.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Marg...... I have had the same conversations with the Lord lately! Thanks for posting such encouragement! Miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete