Wednesday, July 29, 2009

music.




Music. Isn’t it funny how certain songs, artist, or genres remind us of people? Maybe not just people… but major events, vacations, life changing years, special moments, or even food. I’m serious about food. Whenever I make Mexican I put on the Sirus on some mariachi station. Inspirational I guess. Or maybe I think it will make my food taste better. Not sure. Whenever I hear certain songs or artist I typically think of people immediately. For example these I always think of:

*The Beatles. They will always be my Mom; probably the biggest fan I know.

*Van Morrison. Pop. I remember hearing him for the first time in his silver Volvo. Will always be one of my favorites…hence Aaron and I’s first dance on our Wedding day.

*Natalie Merchant. Poor Patti. I made her play this CD in our Nissian Quest every time I got in the van. That Tigerlilly album was worn out!

*Mary Chapin Carpenter. Pop gets this one too. Anytime one of her songs rolls onto the shuffle I will always think of him.

*Vertical Horizon. Nathan + Fall + Car Windows Down = Vertical Horizon. I mean he skipped his prom to take me to the concert. I will never forget that.

*Boyz II Men. Oh, Christi. I mean…we made up a dance to “All Around The World”, which starts in Chinese might I add, for extra credit in 4th grade!

*Jim Croce. Uncle Phillip gets this one. I think the boys will say that too one day too.

*Brad Paisley. Aaron. I knew I was in when I took him to a concert in Amory, Mississippi for his Birthday. I didn’t know a single song. I do now.

So what songs remind you of certain people whenever you hear them?

1 comment:

  1. Kiss Me At Midnight, Nsync = YOU!

    Haha! I remember you making me download this song sophomore year in Northgate.. and you would make me play it over and over again at Christmas! hilarious!

    ReplyDelete