Wednesday, February 29, 2012

i'm back


I feel like I’m back. I don’t really feel sick anymore, I’m not falling asleep when I get home from work, and more importantly I can finally eat normal. Bless you second trimester. As you all know I love to cook and just wanted to share this great quick salmon marinade and quinoa recipe I threw together the other night (not my original recipes, but were great together).  It’s easy and pretty filling. Maybe salmon will be on your menu tonight? Bon Appetite!
Salmon Marinade
1-1.5 lbs. Salmon
1/3 c. OJ
1/3 c. Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Dry Mustard
Pinch of Sugar
¼ c. White Wine
2 TBS. Oil
1 tsp. Ginger
1 minced Garlic 

Combine all ingredients and whisk well. Marinate Salmon for at least 30 min. in the fridge. I did mine for 1.5 hours. Grill.
 Quinoa Pilaf
1/2 c. Carrot, diced                             
1/2 c.  Green Onion, diced                  
1/4 c. Celery,  diced                           
1/4 c.  Green Pepper, diced                   
1/4 c.  Red Pepper, diced          
Salt to taste
6 c. Quinoa, cooked
1/4 c. Olive Oil
2  Garlic, crushed
1 c. Almonds, sliced
1/4  tsp. Oregano
1/4 c. Grated Parmesan

Sauté chopped vegetables in olive oil until clear, yet crisp: stir in oregano. Add sautéed vegetables to cooked, hot quinoa, mixing well. Add salt to taste. Dry-roast almonds in heavy skillet until lightly golden. Add almonds and mix. I liked to mix in a little parm just to give it a little cheese flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment