Wednesday, May 4, 2011

farewell favorite things

This past month was extremely busy! I’m really thankful for that, but really looking forward to staying in Shreveport this week. Last weekend I got to see one of my best friends get married in Athens, GA. Since I flew into Atlanta I was maxed out on carry-ons, so I didn’t bring my camera (ugh). Hopefully I’ll get some pictures from people, and share those with you so you can see Katie Blair become Katie Smith!

I have a slight new adventure. I’m hoping this is temporary, but so far it is working so it might end up being permanent. I’m finally going gluten-free (sigh). After years of stomach issues and lots of encouragement from my sister, I’m bucking up and saying farewell to all the things I love to eat! For example: Kashi, Honey Wheat Pretzels, Pasta, Tacos, Cupcakes, Pita, Granola bars ... I'm going to stop now. A friend pointed out to me, my Blog title might have to be changed to “alottacereal the gluten-free version”! Praise the Lord that they make gluten-free cereal! (I’m so not kidding that would have been a huge issue.) I did make this Chickpea Salad for myself yesterday, and it really was tasty. I’m trying to get really creative, so I don’t burn out on certain foods. I wish I had added avocado, so try adding that. Here is my little invention.
Chickpea Salad
-1 Can of Chickpeas (Rinsed & Drained)
-1/4c Diced Red Onion
-2tsp. Minced Garlic
-Dash of S&P
-Dash of EVOO
-1/2c Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
-2TBS Chopped Cilantro (grown from our garden…I know, you’re welcome)

-1TBS Lemon Juice
-2tsp. EVOO
-1TBS Grated Parmesan
-Pepper to Taste
Sauté Onion, Garlic, S&P, & EVOO. Set aside & cool. In a small bowl mix all ingredients along with Chickpeas. Chill for at least an hour, and then you’re ready to serve.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea Russell helped himself to your salad last night. I guess he liked it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Margie--have you been to the http://glutenfreegirl.com/ blog? It is good, Nathan says. You should check it out. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete