Monday, February 14, 2011

i heart

Happy V-day! Oh the day of love. There are a few things that I really do just love. I figured that I would just share some of the things that I really am… just “loving” right now. This is totally excluding the obvious things… Jesus, my family, crushed ice, 70 degree weather, running, or even a great concert. You get where I’m going. So here are my top 5 things that I truly am loving right now.

1-Aaron got me these Toms for Christmas. They are currently on my feet, because it’s 70 degrees!
2-Garlic Expressions Salad Dressing. Ok, for real, this salad dressing is awesome. You can only find it in the produce section at your grocery store. One of my dear friends/YoungLife girls has this as a staple at her house. It will change salad for you... and you probably won't be kissing anyone afterwards!

3-I love me a hair accessory. Now, I don't own these...but oh how I love them. I have my eye on you Brocco Bobbies from Anthropologie.
4-Smashed Sweet Potatoes. I mean I had to give a recipe. I made these up, but I think you'll really enjoy them.

Smashed Sweet Potatoes
4 Sweet Potatoes (washed & cooked—fastest microwave)

1 ½ TBS Cinnamon
2 TBS Brown Sugar
Dash of Nutmeg
Dash of Thyme
¼- ½ c of OJ
2 Tsp. Maple Syrup
2 TBS Butter

I left the skins on and cut the ends off of the potatoes (this is all to your taste). In bowl mash the potatoes and add the remaining ingredients. You may want to serve this with extra butter and brown sugar on the side if someone wants to add a little extra.
5-The song "Beautiful Exchange" by Hillsong. Continues to rock my world everytime I hear it. For a few weeks now, I have had to play it at some point during my runs. I have been a hot mess singing it, and I just can't get enough of how powerful the lyrics are. You should really listen to it if you haven't heard it. It will be a wonderful break of 10 minutes of worship that you'll be thankful you took.

A great way to end my "loves"... 1John3:18-19 "My dear children, let's not just talk about love; let's practice real love. This is the only way we'll know we're living truly, living in God's reality." -The Message

Happy Hearts Day.

1 comment:

  1. Margie--love your post... already know the awesome salad dressing and I can't wait to get myself a pair of Toms... I've tried on a friends' and they seem so comfy and great for the world and all that. I just have to wait until the threat of snow is behind me... then here I come www.Toms.com! I hope you LOVE your trip to TN and GA this upcoming weekend. We'll miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete