Tuesday, March 27, 2012

joy.

As the months have rolled in for the spring semester I have finally realized I need to throw my agenda/timeline out the window and actually trust in God’s timing. For many believers you are told that often, but I think I have (humbly) gotten to a place where I believe that there is great truth in that. When I reflect on all of the answered prayers with the advancement of Urban YL in our city, all I’m left with is the thought and overwhelming feeling of how perfect His timing has been.

Here are some of the things we have prayed as an area:
“Lord, please open doors of acceptance in this community.”
“Father, give us men to be on our Task Force (Committee).”
“Have the school want us there.”
“Give us a purpose and a right to be there.”
“Jesus, I pray that these people would want to know us, as much as we want to know them.”
“Lord, I pray that these people would not see us and our skin, but that they would see YOU.”
Our God is so great. Those are just some of the prayers that we have prayed, and He has answered every one of them. 

When I look at the big picture of what we are doing in this community I’m reminded of this verse:
“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” –Mark 10:45, NLT. Our team was brought there to be servants and share the Gospel. I consider each of our team members and Task Force members as servants. I’m currently resting in His timeline and where He has called us, and thankful that we have the name as His servants.

“ser-vant” /ˈsɚvənt/ noun: 2 : a person who is devoted to or guided by something
– Merriam-Websters Dictionary

|m|

No comments:

Post a Comment