Monday, October 22, 2012

runnnin.

I feel like I am back in action. I guess I mean that litterally! On Saturday I finished my first race since Jewel was born, and started training for the half in Shreveport. 8 miles in training, so hopefully we'll be good to go come November 17th. Certainly not going for speed yet. Jewel doesn't look very proud of me for finishing, but I think she's just sad she wasn't in the stroller!
Now, there's the smile we love!

Now it's a first time for everything, it's Thai night. I never made Thai food, but I will certainly eat it. Here goes nothing...
Red Curry Shrimp
Ingredients:

1 can (13.66 ounces) Light Coconut Milk
2 tablespoons Red Curry Paste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup assorted vegetables, I'm using peppers, oinons, & green beans
1/4 cup fresh Thai basil (optional)
1 to 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
Brown Rice Noodles

Directions:
BRING coconut milk to simmer in large skillet on medium heat. Stir in curry paste and sugar until well blended; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
STIR in shrimp and vegetables. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in basil and fish sauce.
SERVE with cooked Brown Rice Noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment